Many technologies are available to safely pass adult fish upstream over dams. From fish ladders to trap and haul facilities, a lot of work has been put into research and development of these systems.
Our Fish Friendly Tide Gates are a rugged design, that can be calibrated to open gates when water is low, allowing for fish passage.
The fish-friendly flood gate attachment converts new or existing tide/flood gates to meet fish passage requirements.
For new builds we can provide a stainless-steel flood gate and fish friendly attachment.
– Assist fish passage – delay closing
– Improve water quality – flushing
– Improve culvert capacity – reduced head-loss
– Manage groundwater levels and control aquatic weeds – flap open or disable delaying mechanism.
– Adjustable – time and aperture settings
– Scalable – to suit different size culverts
– Quickly disabled if necessary
– Retrofit or new installations
– Supplied with or without flap
– 316 Stainless Steel